Thursday, April 24, 2008

So what do you do an hour before you leave?

Well, that depends on who you are.

If you're Jen then you are showering, double checking stuff, and generally making positive that everything is as it should be.


If you're Al you actually smell pretty bad and you're wasting time blogging.


Emotionally, I'm pretty well entrenched in sheer terror. I'm fairly calm on the outside, even managing to sit still. Of course, if you know me you realize how unnerving that is.


So let me tell you something about my friends and family. They know how to say good bye. We've had at least 17 parties, and if I haven't drank my weight in Southern Comfort I'd be shocked. Ugh.

FYI, the excuse "I'm not going to be able to find this in South Korea," works, even if you're using it for like 4 or 5 months. Am I fatter? Yes. Was it worth it? Obviously.

Ok, I've got to go. I'm sure Jen's going to want me to find my passport or something. SUCH a pain.
I've included pics from us saying good bye, and the parties, and all that. You guys seriously rock. It's really hard to leave, but I can start to feel the wanderlust taking over.

It's time.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You jerks! First you up and leave me, then you don't even include me in the sappy pictures! Wait... this may be a good thing. When you two get busted for some international crime, there will be no proof that I ever knew you guys...

YOU DO LOVE ME AFTER ALL!

Take care you two and keep in touch! God speed on your journey.

Anonymous said...

Jet Lag Aside...Could you guys discover Skype? Here's Why:

-Its Free (www.skype.com)
-We can talk to you without the inconvenience of typing (lazy)
-You'd be popular and have tons of skype friends(Me:sovereignphoenix)
-Video chat(nuff said)