Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Top Ten Things Al Misses From Home

Ok, so let's be clear. It's obvious I miss my friends and family more than everything else combined. Ya'll are beyond amazing, and I can't stress enough how much I love all of you.

Mushy crap aside, here's what I'm craving. This is only things that I haven't found at all, or are so difficult to get it's just not worth it.

10. Milk (Yes, they have it, but it sure doesn't taste like TG Lee.)
9. "Dirty" apple juice
8. Central air
7. Soft beds (as opposed to the box spring I've been sleeping on for 6 months)
6. Real NY style pizza (Why does a pepperoni pizza have corn on it? Why?)
5. "American" sized underwear (Keep the comments clean...)
4. My car
3. A clothes dryer
2. The beach
1. Garbage disposal

You thought I'd cop out and do the whole "Friends and family" thing at #1, didn't you? Well, then you underestimated me.

If you didn't see garbage disposal coming, though, don't feel bad. Recycling is required by law, which is cool, but it only comes once a week, and they don't exactly provide bins. Also, you have to sort all the trash between the six or seven different categories. The rest of it has to be put into specially marked bags and disposed of elsewhere. Food waste can be disposed of any time, but ONLY food stuff, not in a bag or anything. I HATE cleaning the trap under the sink. I'm sick of trying to sort out only the food waste into this little red bucket, which starts to REEK. I was prepared for most of this stuff, and I know I'm spoiled to have had a garbage disposal for most of my life. If I didn't have to always separate it, maybe I wouldn't be so close to violence. Maybe.

Anyway, there it is. I know there's been a lot of blogs being spit out, but fear not. I'm a blogging machine. I've got another blog for your Wednesday morning, plus a 6 month wrap up before Halloween.

Much love,
Al

3 comments:

Irish Blessings said...

I want a garbage disposal too....

Anonymous said...

I lived with out a garbage disposal for a few months. Dear God that was horrible! I lived without an icemaker for over 2 years. I'm happy to say I have one again!

I hear ya on the underwear too. Americans like a little more room for the junk then the rest of the world...

Frankly, I think Americans are a more thoughtful when it comes to things like this. We don't wear speedos unless our name is Phelps and we're swimming a half mile in under 2 minutes!

Layne said...

You know what I would miss? Diet Coke. Do they have Coke in Korea? WAIT!?! Do they have Mt. Dew in Korea?? If not, how are you holding up? And if they actually have name brand soda over there, is it true that "Coke" tastes different depending on the country?

Ugh, I so couldn't go a year without Diet Coke.