Thursday, January 15, 2009

Name Game!!

So one of the highlights from this little slice of insanity is giving little Korean children cruel English names.

They have Korean names, of course, but since we don't speak Korean we give them an English name too. And it is fun.

Here's some of the favorites that I can't take credit for:

Mario
Luigi
Smith
Wesson
Golden Human
Golden Monkey
Golden Elephant
Bubbles (Big Korean kid. HILARIOUS.)

There are a ton more. But I'd like to share the ones I *CAN* take credit for. Because I'm proud.

Saved By The Bell. All of them, including Mr. Belding. (Ok, not Ms. Bliss. But give me a break.)
Leia (as in princess)
Tiger Lilly
Topanga
Moonbeam

That doesn't count all the kids I've named after you guys. Yup, all of you. I had a Dan and Eli in the same class, which was entertaining since Dan was an idiote and Eli was a punk. Their Korean counterparts weren't much better. HIYO!!

Sorry Jose, no luck. I managed to land a Maria, but that's as close as I could get to giving them Hispanic names. They just won't take...

Just thought I'd share.
-Al

2 comments:

Irish Blessings said...

Luke/Bo Duke
Macgyver
Mork & Mindy
Alf

would you like more. I like that you made the whole cast of Saved by the Bell. What a show! Hopefulle your class is as entertaining!

Anonymous said...

So you had some little Korean kid running around answering to the name Justin? If that's the case... don't you think that's a sign of home sickness? (or maybe another kind of sickness all together lol)