Monday, February 2, 2009

Cambodian Orphans

Hey everyone!

I'm posting one more picture filled post before heading to parts unknown, but this one isn't going to be it. This one is actually about where we're heading later.

You may have heard Jen and I mention that we were looking at possibly volunteering at an orphanage in Cambodia. Our friend Melissa, one of the most amazing people I've ever met, by the way, has been globe trotting for several months now. She told us about it before we she left, and when I asked her about it yesterday she directed me to her blog.

A few notes before you follow the jump-
1. It's sad. Really, really, this sounds fake sad.
2. Melissa is a better writer than I am. No fair jumping blogs.
3. I had a stronger desire to rally some support for these guys the second I read what Melissa had to say. I am, however, a cynic. I'll wait and see for myself, but if Mel's right (she normally is) Jen and I will be looking for organizations back home to help support them.
4. Yes, we'll be careful.
5. Yes, we'll be careful.
6. Yes, we'll be careful.
7. Yes, we'll be careful.
8. Mom, I get it. Yes, we'll be careful. Promise.

Ok, now that you've read my intro, go here. But not if you have a date or something where you have to be happy. Then wait and do it later.

-Al

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While my heart breaks for those in need everywhere... even more so when they are children... I can't take the splinter out of my brother's eye before I remove the plank from my own. Homeless children is a serious problem here in central Florida. There are many struggling families that don't want to take hand outs to get by, they are trying. It just isn't enough.

Enter the Destiny Foundation of Central Florida. Take a look a the web site, and watch the video. Kristen and I would love it if you joined us in a fight we started with Pastor Scott over 7 years ago.

http://www.battlehunger.org/index.html