Thursday, July 17, 2008

Al's Shortest Blog Ever

Of course, that's not saying much.

Actually, it's a prayer request.

Today I officially tossed my hat in the ring to become the Head Teacher for Plus Academy. If I get the promotion, I'll be in charge of all the foreign teachers working for Plus. This would mean a (very) slight pay bump, and a few extra responsibilities. Honestly, Julie would polish off the sum total of the job in about 20 minutes.

Of course that, too, isn't saying much.

The big part is Jen and I would be moved to Junggye, where I was teaching, permanently. I'd also go from trying to remain quiet and in the background (don't laugh... it's been a really big eye opener for me) to being right out front. There is, obviously, a lot more to it than this. A lot of it isn't something to be blasted across cyberspace, but as more happens I'll let ya know.

The prayer request is just to help us listen for God's will in all of it. The Good Lord's hand has been in this from the start, and He's been smacking me around a bit, too. All of which is a good sign. I'm confident that whatever happens will be for the best, but there's a lot of extra crap that goes in with it. So prayers, if you happen to prescribe to that sorta thing.

Peace,
Al

6 comments:

Unknown said...

crazy, dude! thats awesome! I think you should hire me... I heard about that six month thing.., that would be awesome! lol.

sum=total.

miss u guys.

Jose.

Anonymous said...

Request noted. Give 'em hell, babe! ;o)

JLC said...

If I were the believin' type I'd send good juju or something your way, but since I'm not, all I'll say is good luck.

It's the best I can do. I'm sure you understand the sentiment, however.

Irish Blessings said...

Of course we will!

We will pray that what should happen will happen. For both of your best interests.

Love yous!

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah! Go kick some ass!

Momma Jean said...

I've just been catching up on your blogs. It seems that the Father has been with you every step of the way. From the DJ gigs to the timing of the cop, His Hand is on you two. Our prayers will always be with you, but we know His will is always going to be shaping your lives. The school position will be His will as well, either way it goes.

May He continue to hold you in the palm of His Hand.