Friday, July 25, 2008

::grumble::

So I didn't get the promotion.

The reasoning is long, and doesn't actually make a damn bit of sense, and is most likely a cover, so I won't get into it.

That, and this break is depressingly short.

I know the good Lord has this handled. I do. But it was rather discouraging. Plus has cards they haven't shown us yet, but I think Jen and I kinda had our hopes a teensy bit higher than was wise. Eh, whatcha gonna do?

In other news not making me a happy person, they won't let us break up our vacation. We had hoped to knock off a few days when my mom and Dart came out here, but they're saying we can only do that if we take the full week. That won't work, seeing as I will have tossed a child or two from the ninth story window if I don't snag a break before then. I'm hardly done with this one, though.

So no, not the happiest blog to date, but that's the situation at the moment. It's Friday night and we're heading out for a night on the town, so it'll be all good. Who knows, maybe all this bad juju will mean better luck in poker tomorrow.

Yeah, cause that makes sense...

-Al

5 comments:

JLC said...

I'm sorry, Alan. But considering your suspicions and their evident lack of flexibility with your vacation schedule, perhaps it was for the best.

Movin' on up doesn't necessarily mean better.

Irish Blessings said...

Look at it this way. If you did get the promotion, you might not be happy. You know? I do believe that the Lord is lookin out for you, hence no promotion. I know it's dissapointing, just look at the brighter side! You won't be 45 min away from your parents when they come to visit. -) That's a smile from the green monster in Monster's Inc, Mike...right?

Go have a drink, play some poker, circle of death, or what have you. Have some fun. And just think....hoppefully soon you'll be able to see live little Scotty boy!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it always seem like the business world is run by a bunch of half wits? Honestly... how did the mangers of the world get there? Most of them can't even wipe their own nose, let alone understand how to do their job!

That being said... better things are in your future. We just aren't the take orders and follow quietly type... are we? I don't think you or I want to be either.

Anonymous said...

Im sure others will cover offering advice and other such nicities.

I offer the next blog of entertainment no matter where you are at or what may happen.

http://bunspace.com/blog_view?bunid=5436

Copy/paste that and your life will take on new meaning

Unknown said...

Hi Al, I'm an avid reader and I'll be sure to comment more on your crazy adventures (that fight with Johnny Bravo was a great one).

But I'm here to say simply: HA http://bunspace.com/blog_view?bunid=5438

Take that MakGukSu!!!!