Wednesday, July 23, 2008

An Ode to Coin Laundry

Ok, maybe a bit more homage than necessary is being paid to a laundromat. But I've been hunting for this bad boy for over a month. So enjoy.



“Paradise is exactly like where you are right now... only much, much better.” -Laurie Anderson





Every beloved object is the center point of a paradise. - Novalis [Friedrich Von Hardenberg]





Santa Barbara is a paradise; Disneyland is a paradise; the U.S. is a paradise. Paradise is just paradise. Mournful, monotonous, and superficial though it may be, it is paradise. There is no other. - Jean Baudrillard






That is the land of lost content
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again. - A.E. (Alfred Edward) Housman




There is a land of pure delight,
Where saints immortal reign;
Infinite day excludes the night,
And pleasures banish pain. - Isaac Watts




They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot. - Joni Mitchell

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how you miss the little things isn't it? For the few months I was living with my father-in-law while between houses, I missed my washer and dryer the most. lol

Irish Blessings said...

you're adorable. i remember for about 2 months i had to wash my clothes by hand. that sucked.

Momma Jean said...

It is a far, far better place....wait, we're talking about a Laundromat!!! I hate laundry! I will not associate laundry with paradise! You cannot make me! I've sat in far too many laundromats, endured far too many hours and coins and heat to be glad for even a laundromat in Korea! NO! We don't do that!

But I'm still happy you found one. Necessary evil that they are, we still acknowledge necessity.

JLC said...

Oh, man. I understand your relief. Joe and I went for almost a year without a washer and dryer and were forced to take our stinking heaps to either his mother's or his brother's.

When we finally got our set, we must've washed 9 loads of laundry that day. The sound of the machines was like listening to The Beatles for the first time.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U&feature=related

Al and Jen,
Watch this video, oh, and get out the kleenex!! You're gonna need it.