Friday, August 22, 2008

What?

So I was at (yet another) going away party for someone awesome last night. I introduced myself to this girl sitting next to me at dinner. When I told her my name she said,

"Oh, Al. I've heard about you."

She'd been here SIX WEEKS.

Seriously, what the hell? I'm just sayin...

Ok, I'm officially giving up that whole "keeping under the radar" thing. 4 months was a great run for me. But enough of that mess. I'm going to own this town.

Ok, to be fair, I can't own this town in a year without at least... let's say 4... maybe 5 of my boys from home. There's just too much area to cover. Wishful Thinking could own it in a day and a half. Toasty Babies could own it in a week, but mostly because we'd take a lot of breaks.

By myself, I'd say owning it would be a bit much. I'll rent it.

-Al

P.S. Soju and tequila are a bad bad... bad idea. Don't mix them. Ever. Just... don't. Trust me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

" Oh THAT Al Sterling..." Sounds vaguely familiar?

Momma Jean said...

How many times have I heard, "Oh, you're Al's Mom!" Yeah, my claim to fame. Al's Mom.

BTW~Another really bad mix with tequila; Bailey's Irish Cream. It will burn your tongue. I'm not kidding. Maybe it could be used as an incendiary device!

Unknown said...

LOL @ ivan! that was hilarious! another thing not to mix, its me, scotch, and a cell phone with ex girlfriends numbers saved on it... it hasnt happened recently, I just felt I needed to chime in on things that didnt need to be mixed.

P.S. toasty babies COULD own that place in a week...

all the love from the hurricane magnet that is florida.

Irish Blessings said...

sure, you may not own the WHOLE town in a year, but that's not to say that you won't have owned your own PART of town, like the 50's you know??? I wanna know how many blocks you own when you come home.

Anonymous said...

So are you still "Puke free since
'03?"